Maximum contribution for individuals, candidate committees and PACs is $1,000 per candidate per election cycle. Corporations and labor organizations are prohibited from donating. Contributions from foreign nationals are prohibited by law. Donations are not deductible as charitable donations for federal income tax purposes.
Businesses may make contributions under some circumstances, but the rules vary by the type of business.
1. Corporations may not contribute to local or state candidates in the State of Wisconsin.
2. Sole-proprietorships may contribute. The contribution must be reported under the name of the individual owner. This contribution counts toward the contribution limits from
that individual to the candidate.
3. Partnerships may contribute. The contribution must be reported under the names of the
individual partners. The partnership may agree beforehand on how to allocate a portion of the contribution to each partner. If the partnership does not inform the candidate how the contribution should be allocated between the partners, then the contribution should be divided up according to each partner’s share of the partnership’s profits.
4. LLCs that are taxed as corporations may not contribute to local or state candidates in the State of Wisconsin.
5. LLCs taxed as a sole-proprietorship or partnership may contribute. The contribution must be reported under the name(s) of the individual owner(s). If there is more than one owner, contributions should be allocated as described in the partnership section above.
Registered lobbyists are prohibited from making campaign contributions to state candidates for partisan state office except between April 15 and the day of the general election in the year of the candidate’s election. Contributions cannot be given to legislative candidates during this period if the legislature is in session. Receipt of a link to this form should not be considered a solicitation of funds from any lobbyists or any other prohibited individual or entity.
Paid for by Citizens for Dale Kooyenga